The hike to Jakes Rocks Overlook can be easily made in less than 10 minutes on the fairly level, paved pathway, making this a very easy hike for nearly anyone. The overlooks offer spectacular views of the Kinzua Dam and Allegheny Reservoir. Commonly seen wildlife in this area includes birds, chipmunks, squirrels, grouse, and whitetail deer. In addition, black bear, wild turkey, red & grey fox, raccoon, opossum, bobcat, fisher,weasel, and coyotes can be found in the area, but seen less often. Be sure to stay on the trails, as there are dangerous cliffs around the overlook area.
- Public restrooms
- Picnic area
- Paved hiking trails
To reach the trailhead from Warren, Pennsylvania:
- Take Route 59 past the Kinzua Dam
- Turn right onto Longhouse Scenic Drive
- Turn right again onto Forest Road 492
- Turn right again at the stop sign.
- Bear to the right at the triangle intersection, and go to the 2nd parking lot.
- The trailhead is near the back of the lot.
View Jakes Rocks Overlook Trail in a larger map